Google Duo - Video Calling review
The description of Google Duo - Video Calling
This is an easy to use video calling mobile app from Google. Some of us may consider the app as an answer to the FaceTime from Apple. But Google says it is much more than that, and can’t even be compared to another their product, Hangouts. Whether it is right or not, this app can be a great link to connect iOS users with their Android buddies.
Google Duo has a very intuitive interface. It does not require anything special from you to connect with other people. All you need is to make sure that your peer has the same app as you. And for this, both of you need to download the app. After downloading process is over, the app will require your phone number from you. Once you enter it, the app will get access to your contact lists, and you can begin the call. You don’t need to create a separate account. To start the conversation tap on the contact you chose.
Besides easy to get the interface and quick access to the person you wanted to talk, there are numerous features that you may find beneficial. And before we start describing features, it must be noted that this app is free. So, the most obvious privileges:
- The high quality of the video. Google made it clear that its app has an amazing quality of the video. However, you still need to have a fast internet connection.
- Cross-platform options. The app works well with the iPad and iPhone. You can connect with your Android friends and family. Use just one app for video calls once you abroad.
- You don’t need to answer immediately once the phone starts calling with the Knock Knock option. You are able to check information about the person that wants to talk to you. Don’t answer if you see suspicious contacts.
- Make a video message. Now you can record everything you wanted to share with a friend and send it. Your friend will be able to see the message once he/she/they will be online.
- Audio call. You don’t have to turn on your camera. You can use the app to make usual phone calls. If you can’t use your camera or don’t have a strong internet connection, just make an audio call.
To start the work with this app is easy. Sign up with your phone number. That is all. You don’t even need syncing it with other accounts or apps. Well, simplicity is considered to be one of the main benefits of Google Duo. However, you still need to agree to give several permissions to the app, including access to your contacts and camera. It does not need a complicated setup process as it has for Skype, FaceTime or even Hangouts. Verify your ID by entering the code that app sent you and start video conversation right after that.